Where do you start when you think of branding? Does your brand communicates who you are and what you do in the most awesome and meaningful way?
If you have ever wondered about these questions, then this post is just for you!
Today, we’re going to share with you a set of questions that will help you explore and understand your brand, starting from the why, to the who, how and what your brand is all about.
Asking yourself these deep questions is one of the most effective ways to gain insights about not only your brand, but also your business as a whole.
Remember, branding is all about being strategic and with this knowledge, you can then position your brand so that others can view it as you intend them to. Having a good grasp on your brand can also help you come up with great ideas on how to personalize it and make it truly unique.
(Pssst… this questionnaire is what we DOERS use for our clients as well and should be part of the process for any branding studio that wants to create beautiful branding that aligns with your business.)
Don’t worry if you struggle to answer all the questions. This is a process of discovery and just the start of your branding journey. So let’s get started!
1. What is your brand name? What is the meaning behind its name?
2. What is your brand tag line? What is the meaning behind the tag line?
3. What is the purpose of your brand?
4. What is the vision for your brand in the future?
5. Does your brand have a history or a story?
6. Why do you want a new brand (for rebranding)? What do you want your new branding to accomplish?
7. What are 3-5 core values of your brand?
8. If you imagine your brand as a person, what personality traits would they have?
9. Who is your dream client or target audience?
10. What problems do your brand face?
11. How does your brand differ from other brands in your industry?
12. Why should someone choose your brand over another? Describe the value your brand adds to your clients (Value proposition).
13. Who are your competitors? How are these brands better than you?
14. List examples (images/links) where you’ve seen fonts and typography that you liked.
15. Do you have any color preferences? What colors should be avoided? Include examples (images/links) of colour usage that you liked.
16. What three brands do you love and why?
17. List what you would like to preserve from your current brand if any and explain why.
18. Share any additional details or considerations about your project.
That’s it! How many questions did you manage to answer?
If you are able to answer most of these questions with ease, congratulations! You have the ingredients to create an awesome brand! If you struggled with some of them or are unhappy with some of your current answers, no worries. You now have the insights to help shape your brand and steer it in the direction you truly want.
Grab a softcopy of this questionnaire.Download Now
Till next time